Scenic Nevada is a volunteer-run organization that for 14 years has worked through advocacy, outreach and marketing to influence state lawmakers, local governments and Nevada residents to preserve, protect and enhance the scenic character of our state. There are many opportunities to get involved.
To get started, email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate how you’d like to help!
- Join the communications team. Help get the word out through email alerts and newsletters, as well as social media channels. We also would love help keeping our website up to date, as a hub for residents who care about scenic issues. We are interested in trying new ways to reach people and galvanize Nevadans to take action to preserve our amazing landscapes for future generations.
- Help with advocacy and outreach. Scenic Nevada volunteers make many appearances at public meetings and workshops to make sure that new laws and ordinances do not strip away scenic protections. Recently, Scenic Nevada has been in Carson City at legislative hearings and at Washoe County Commission meetings. It’s an empowering and thrilling way to see democracy in action!
- Support the administrative tasks. How do we keep the lights on, the emails answered and the mailbox clear? Administrative volunteers! This is a critical role that allows the rest of the organization to keep moving forward.
- Dive in to fund development, events and partnerships. Scenic Nevada applies for and receives grants to help continue its work, but it also manages a membership base that contributes to the organization’s continued success. Help recruit new members, seek grant opportunities and plan annual events like the Quick Draw Art Auction and the Scenic Nevada annual meeting.
- Want to help out in a different way? We would love to have you on the team! Let us know how you’d like to contribute.